Homemade Pizza

My good Friend gave me this recipe and it is so yummy. I love pizza and this is an affordable way to eat it as often as you want.

HOMEMADE PIZZA

Ingredients :

(Dough)
• 1 pkg. active yeast (about 2.5 tsp.)
• 1 c. warm water
• 1 tsp. sugar
• 1 tsp. salt
• 2 T. oil
• 2.5 c. flour
*Note: I will make 1.5x this recipe for 1 Jelly Roll pan/cookie sheet size pizza

(Pizza Toppings)
• Pizza Sauce (I use Hunt's Mushrooms or Garlic and Herb canned spaghetti sauce (1 26.5 oz can will make 2 to 3 Jelly Roll pan/cookie sheet size pizzas)
• Any favorite toppings: Mushrooms, pepperoni, olives or sausage are our favorites
• Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in remaining ingredients. If you're not using a mixer, beat well with spoon or fork. You may need to add a little more flour depending on your elevation. I will add everything, but the last 1/2 cup and then I'll keep adding until it is just sticky enough that the dough does not stay on my fingers. Let rest 5 minutes. Roll out dough to fit the pan you are using and place on greased cookie sheet or pizza pan. Put sauce in the center of the pizza and spread it out. Place toppings and cheese on pizza and bake for 20 minutes or until the crust/cheese is starting to brown.

2 comments:

the Gardners said...

Is that a picture of the pizza you made? That looks fantastic!

Egbert Family said...

This is a picture I got from the internet. I wish I was creative enough to make a pizza look like that.