Oreo Cookies

I love cookies, but I've never loved the ones that come from the store. Believe it or not, I don't love cooking either. What I love is eating, so when I find a recipe that is fast and yummy I just add it to my stack of favorite recipes.  These cookies are definitely fast and yummy. There is hardly any waiting time from when you start cooking, to the time you start eating. Love it!

OREO COOKIES

Cookie:
1 package Devil Food Cake Mix
1/2 Cup Shortening
2 Eggs
Mix the above ingredients together. Form dough into half inch balls and place 2 inches apart on un greased cookie sheet.

Note: I have to add 1/4 cup of flour becuase of the higher elevation.

 Bake for 6-8 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool.

Icing:
1 package cream cheese (3 oz.)
½ Cup butter or margarine
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 Cups Powdered Sugar

Mix together cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Slowly add in powdered sugar. Put frosting between two halves. If you want, you can put the frosting in the fridge, to let it firm a little more. (Approx 2 dozen)

No comments: