A lot of new things are happening in our lives. I am 35 1/2 weeks pregnant, Jesse is buried up to his neck with life and Landon is growing up too fast. When I was pregnant with Landon I really only had two major problems: weight gain and health problems. This pregnancy I have only one major problem: I have lost my mind. Sadly I'm not exaggerating. On Monday, I thought it was Thursday, I can't put my thoughts into words, and I lose interest in most everything after 5 minutes. I have nearly lost the ability to make the tiniest of decisions and I can't remember anything. In fact, this week I know that I have lost two things, I just can't remember what they are. How in the world am I supposed to find them now? On the bright side of things, Jesse is doing great. He just turned in his PhD application. We are hoping for an early acceptance into the Applied Linguistics PhD program starting in January. He is student teaching early morning seminary and he is all set to graduate with his Master's come December. It's hard to be married to someone who is accomplishing so much when I can't even remember what I've lost, other then my mind.
Landon is growing-up so fast. He is a child of very few words, but he is a lot more intelligent then I give him credit for. Landon loves to make new discoveries. He works hard to figure out how things function. He can now open doors, lock doors, but not unlock them. He knows what every light switch goes with and he knows how to open penny's kennel. When we get home after being out and about, it's his job to let penny out of her kennel. One thing I have finally done is give Landon chores, he is responsible for them throughout the day. He has to make sure every door is closed that leads into a room I don't want him to play in. Penny gets locked in a lot of rooms. He is also in charge of making sure all of the shoes get put in the front door basket. If they don't fit he normally brings them back to the owner and he wont let you put them back on the floor. You have to put them a way upstairs or back on your feet. His last chore is to throw away any garbage that's on the floor. If he isn't sure whether it's garbage or not he comes and asks me. Landon is very independent, he loves to feel responsibility and he loves to have some freedom to do his own thing. We have free time in the afternoon where I do my house work and he can pretty much do what ever he feels like, as long as I approve of course. We are getting ready to move him out of the nursery and into the big boy room. Once we get a mattress for his bed he will be all ready to go!




No comments:
Post a Comment