Each year Jesse and I commit to slow down our lives, and each year we speed up. Come 2011 our lives really will slow down. This semester has been the worst it has ever been. Jesse was called to serve as an early morning seminary teacher and is also in the hardest and busiest semester of his life. To add to Jesse's already busy schedule we decided to have a baby, just to make things more exciting. Because of Jesse's hard work he will graduate a semester early and has now been given an early acceptance into the Applied Linguistics PhD program. I'm so proud of Jesse for working hard; he is such a great example for our boys!
Because of Jesse's new calling as an early morning seminary teacher our entire family now begins the day at 5:30 am. This is not by choice on my part, no matter how quiet Jesse is, Landon will use his super power hearing and wake up. I can't complain too much though, I have my apartment cleaned and my boys down for their first nap by 9:00 am. Having 2 kids is hard; I am just now getting a good, solid handle on things. This is only accomplished by both Landon and I spending several minutes a day in time-out. I firmly believe time-out is just as effective for adults as it is for children. So, when life is out of control go to time-out for 5 minutes and you will feel much better. Also, I started running this week. I can't believe how much it helps me handle the stress I face each day. If I have any more kids, though, I might find my self running several times a day.
![]() |
| I hadn't done laundry for a while. So their clothes don't really match. |
Landon has adjusted remarkably well to being an older brother. If it wasn't for Landon's help, taking care of Travis would be more difficult. Travis throws-up a little too often and as soon as it happens Landon is running for the burp cloths and the wipes. Then when we get to the bathroom to give Travis a bath. Landon always has the toys in the bath even though Travis is too little to play with them. We make a great team. Travis is growing up way too fast. He can now roll over and is already wearing 3 month outfits. I wish my little guys would stop growing-up so fast. I love them so much!




1 comment:
Holy cow! I can't believe he can already roll over!!!
AND I think it's utterly amazing that you find time and energy to go running. You're my hero.
Post a Comment