WASSAIL

(Read the NOTES First.)

• 1 gallon apple cider
• 4 small cans frozen orange juice, diluted
• 2 small cans frozen lemonade, diluted
• 8 cinnamon sticks
• 40 whole cloves
• 20 Allspice berries
• 1 tsp ground ginger
• 8 cups water
• 4 cups sugar

Simple Syrup: Put water, sugar, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, Allspice berries, and ginger in crockpot, and let cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. I normally do this overnight.

Mix in 5-gallon container: orange juice and lemonade according to directions on the juice cans. Add apple cider and spiced simple syrup. Strain while pouring the spiced simple syrup into the juice ingredients 

Stir well.

Notes:
• For a deeper flavor, I add to the crockpot simple syrup, the water used to make the 2 concentrated lemonade cans. I put the concentrated lemonade in the 5-gallon container and the water in the crockpot. 

• If you don't have a crockpot simmer the simple syrup on low heat in a covered pot for 4 hours.

• We use a 5- gallon orange Igloo drink dispenser.

• Serve hot or cold; store in the refrigerator.

• Makes 4.5 gallons.

No comments: