Life is busy, what more can I say? It seems like every time Jesse and I commit to slowing down our lives something is added to our list of things to accomplish. But no matter how much is thrown our way it will never be as bad as last semester. Over December break Jesse submited a grant proposal to the National Science Foundation. If all goes as planned he could be getting paid to do research with 2 very famous corpus linguists. We should find out in a few months if they get the grant. On Sunday Jesse calculated how long it would take to complete his PhD. If all goes according to plan Jesse will be done with his course work in a year and a half. His PhD should take about 3 more years.
It used to be a big bother when Landon walked into my bedroom every morning at 6:15 and turned on my light. Now, I look at it as a big blessing. I have been blessed with a 2 hour block to run and shower while Travis sleeps and Landon eats his breakfast. My kids are pretty scheduled so I can count on Travis waking up at 8:00 and Landon finishing his show and breakfast at 7:20. It has been pretty hard to get myself to run, but now I run 6 days a week and I hate and love every second of it. Recently I was called to serve as the Relief Society secretary. It has been a really special calling, and I can honestly say that I have grown and matured more then I ever have before over the last few months.
Jesse and I decided it was time to start potty training Landon. I really hate to talk about it, but I will be honest and just say that is frustrating and gross. One day...maybe. Landon is now a little boy it makes me so sad to see my first child growing so fast. But it is also extremely helpful to have him doing chores around the house and taking care of himself in some areas. He's mommy's little helper most of the day. Travis is a bundle of joy. He is mommy's chunky monkey. He has the cuttest baby rolls you have ever seen. Travis will start eating rice cereal within the next week. Wow, I Just can't believe how fast my kids are growing.



1 comment:
Thanks for the comment!!
I meant to ask you when you were here how potty training is going! I knew there was something I was forgetting to ask you! Shoot! When Jason starts, I'll have to call and get the scoop ;).
I hate to see them grow up, too! It always hits me when I look at Jason's hands or feet. :( I wish they could stay one size for at least a good 6 months and then grow a little more.
Post a Comment