DAY 34: Tolkien's Childhood Home
 |
| This picture reminds me of you because you love the Lord of the Rings. One of my favorite things we have done is have a marathon with the extended versions of the films. I walked a total of about 15 miles today, during which I saw the home Tolkien grew up in and several other areas that inspired aspects of the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. The home is now privately owned so I only saw it from the outside, but it was still neat to try and picture little Tolkien sleeping upstairs and dreaming about hobbits. |
 |
| Just a side note: I walked the long way so I could stop by and see our bench. It was sunny and the clearing in the glen was beautiful. As promised, I didn't sit down, but I assure you that we will sit on this bench together one day. |
No comments:
Post a Comment