Ham and Scalloped Potatoes
I'm lazy, what can I say? I believe a great meal should only take 20 minutes of my time. So here is another great crock pot recipe. I've never had a meal I didn't like from a crock pot. Everything comes out moist and perfectly cooked. Jesse was telling me how much he likes scalloped potatoes and ham so I was extremely excited to make this for him. Needless to say he loves this recipe. The best part is it may take 8 hours to cook, but I only spent 20 minutes on it!
HAM AND SCALLOPED POTATOES
Ingredients
8 to 10 medium potatoes, pared and thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup water
6 to 8 slices of ham (the thicker the better)
1 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
3 C Cheddar or American cheese, grated
1 can cream of celery or cream of mushroom
Salt and pepper
1/2 C of Milk
Paprika
Instructions
· Toss sliced potatoes in cream of tartar and water
· Soak potatoes for a few minutes (this removes some of the starch)
· Rinse and drain potatoes
· Put half of ham, potatoes, and onion in crock-pot
· Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cheese
· Repeat with remaining half
· Spoon undiluted soup over top
· Sprinkle with paprika
· Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high or 4 hours



1 comment:
Hey, I googled you and found your blog... hope you don't mind :) Your blog makes super hungry with all of your yummy recipies! Hope all is going well with you.
Post a Comment