Cafe Rio Style Creamy Tomatillo Dressing

A few people have asked for this recipe. Now that I live in Arizona I don't have the luxury of going to Cafe Rio. So I have to make my own version of Cafe Rio style food. Its not the same, but delicious nonetheless!

CREAMY TOMATILLO DRESSING

1 package Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch salad dressing mix 1 lime, juice only
1 or 2 large jalapeño peppers 2 cups buttermilk (check directions)
1 cloves garlic 2 cups mayonnaise (check directions)
2 tomatillos
1 handful cilantro leaves
1 lime, juice only
2 cups buttermilk (check directions)
2 cups mayonnaise (check directions)

• Mix Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch dressing according to package directions
• Place all ingredients together in a blender, except mayonnaise; mix until smooth
• Whisk in the mayonnaise; chill until ready to serve

Note: The seeds in the jalapeño peppers make it spicy hot. Remove seeds, if you don’t want it to be too spicy. Do not use the stems from the cilantro.

No comments: