Because of Jesse's work and school schedule and my pregnancy, we didn't get to do a lot of fun family activities this summer. We did however, get to go to Utah for 10 days and spend some time with our families. While Jesse was at Wind Rivers, Landon and I were being spoiled by my sweet mom. Landon is a lot like me, he is clean, organized and very routine oriented. Every evening we did the same thing we picked up our room and went swimming; well he went swimming and I just watched.
Landon's cousin Jason, came over a few times to go swimming with him. Landon wasn't very thoughtful though. Landon would splash poor Jason in the face and take away his toys.
Needless to say, Landon spent a lot of time giving Jason hugs and kisses for being mean.
Since Landon was 6 Months old he has had a love for music. He likes to lead the music in sacrament and he loves to dance and sing. Anytime we go over to Grandma's, Landon always wanders off to the piano room and plays his little heart out. He spent a lot of time in the afternoons playing the piano. I took this picture after he was in there for 30 minutes. I will probably start teaching him about music around 4 or 5 years old.
When Grandma would come home from work we normally went shopping or out to dinner. While Grandma Perez was looking at baby cloths Landon and I were goofing off playing with all the fun things.
We also went and visited my Grandpa and Grandma Reid in West Jordan. My Grandma just got a skin graft on her leg and was on bed wrest. We were able to make my Grandparents Sunday dinner and play with our cousins. Landon learned how to do somersaults and play ring around the rosies. Landon also liked to give us a piano performance every now and then.
Some other things that we got to do (I don't have pictures, Sorry). We got to spend an evening with Grandpa Egbert and Landon's Aunt Jenna, Melissa and Ashlyn. Aunt Jocelyn made us some yummy Cherry pie and eclaire cake. We also got to spend the day with Diane at her home and played a lot of fun games. Landon and I took a nap in the afternoon, we're kind of lame like that. Later that same evening we went to Jesse's Grandmas and had a really good fireside, the entire Egbert Family was there. Laura was there via phone. Cousin Rylee also taught Landon how to say "No". Now Landon likes to say "No" and then smack you the face. Isn't he an angel, not. At the end of our stay we had a game night with my older brother David and his wife Heidi. As for Penny she came to Utah with us. She spent the whole time bothering my moms dog, Riley. When she wasn't bothering Riley, she was bothering me or playing somewhere in the background.





2 comments:
I love Landon. Can I have him? He is so flipping handsome! I am still in shock at how he's no longer a baby but a little boy!!!
You can Have him as long as you give him back when he is potty trained.
Post a Comment