R-Workshop/Bootcamp

Earlier this month Jesse left for Denton, TX to attend an R-workshop/Boot camp. It took Jesse a while to explain this to me, but "R" is actually the name of a statistical programing language that can be used for corpus linguistic research. You would think that they could come up with a more creative name. He left on August 8th and got home really late on August 15th. I didn't realize how difficult it would be to have Jesse leave me for a week. It was even more difficult because we hadn't had the opportunity to spend much time together before he left. We were in Utah for a week and then Jesse's sisters Emily and Lizzy came to visit for a week and then Jesse was gone. I felt extremely overwhelmed and extremely stressed out. I was grateful my Dad could come stay with me for a few days to help me take care of Landon. I really hate being alone, but in addition to being alone, I am pregnant and have a 2 year old.

                               

Jesse went with 2 other students from NAU, John and Shelley. They spent most of the car ride to TX and back studying for their comprehensive exam. Jesse didn't have to write a thesis for his Master's degree, but he does have to pass this exam in order to graduate.  

While daddy was away, we went to the park and had lots of fun. Landon thought it was really funny when Grandpa would swing. I thought it was pretty funny too. I don't think I have ever seen my dad swing before.








I am grateful that Jesse is home and back in school. When Jesse is in school he doesn't miss it for anything (except when I have a baby). Which means he is home with me.  

No comments: