Christmas Decorations

 

For Christmas this year we are staying snug as a bug in Flagstaff. So we had to get some decorations to make it feel like Christmas. Jesse surprised me one Saturday early in November and said "lets go get a Christmas tree." If you know me, you would know that I don't like to start Christmas until after Thanksgiving, no decorations and no Christmas music. Thanksgiving is just a forgotten holiday, and I for one am not going to forget it. But...this year we were in definite need of some Christmas spirit, so I didn't complain. We drove all around Flagstaff and priced out Christmas trees. We settled on a 7.5 ft tree from Home Depot. Then Jesse told me that I had no more then $30 for ornaments. This was a hard thing for me because I really wanted nice ornaments, but I finally decided this is for the kids so I just picked-out one of those shatter-proof ornament kits and decided to make gingerbread men.



After we got our tree decorated, we woke Landon up from his nap and told him to come and see the tree. He was in a really bad mood because nobody, and I mean nobody, is allowed to wake him up. Well, I guess Penny is the exception to that statement. Anywho...we told Landon to come and see the tree and he of course refused and started throwing things, so I grabbed him by the ankles and carried him to the stair landing. He stopped crying and looked at the tree for a long time then with a big smile he looked up at me and said "tee".

The next weekend we went to Wal-mart and got the rest of the necessities: tree skirt, Christmas star, stockings and garland. While Jesse did homework and Landon took a nap, Travis and I decorated the rest of the apartment.

Travis is captivated with the Christmas tree lights. He likes to have tummy time in front of the tree.


Landon likes to eat his breakfast next to the Christmas tree. Sometimes he eats the Cinnamon dots off of the gingerbread men, but it's so cute that sometimes I have to pretend I didn't see it. I am so grateful to spend Christmas with my children. It gives me great joy to see them happy and excited.

No comments: