Grandpa Egbert's Weekend Visit

At the beginning of March Grandpa Egbert came for a fun weekend visit. I know what everyone is thinking, it's June, why are you telling us about it now? Well I've never claimed to be a good blogger and based on the fuzziness of all the photos I'm apparently not a good photographer either. However, I will do my best to give you the basics of what has happened since Grandpa Egbert's visit until the present. It will take a while so don't get too excited.

On March 4 Grandpa made the long journey to Flagstaff, AZ. Late Friday evening Bob flew into Phoenix, and Jesse picked him up and made the 2 hour trek home; they didn't get to Flagstaff until 11:30 pm. But thanks to Landon we all got up bright and early the next morning at 6:00 am. Thank you, Landon.

Jesse really wanted to show Bob around Flagstaff and let him see our life in a nutshell. Because I had Stake Relief Society Conference Saturday morning, Jesse and Bob went with the kids to the Seminary building and played ping pong. I left the conference a little early so we could get a move on with our day. While the kids napped, I ran, and Jesse and Bob went on the grand tour of Flagstaff. Jesse showed him his office at work and the NAU campus. Bob really wanted to introduce us to a game called Cribbage so he also got to see every store in Flagstaff trying to find it, luckily there aren't many stores here.

Because our Valentine's day dinner went so well Jesse and I really wanted Bob to try the Indian food recipes we had made. Bob and Jesse were in charge of dinner while I got the kids down to bed and sat around.

Sunday was a typical Sunday, we went to battle with the kids to get them ready for church and then went to battle to survive church. During Sacrament Landon sat on Grandpa's lap and poked him in the face for the full hour and 15 minutes. I have never seen Landon so well behaved. Sadly on Sunday evening we had to take Grandpa back to Phoenix so he could make his flight early Monday morning. We had a lot of fun playing and spending time with Grandpa.

The Blur in the top left hand corner is our dog Penny!

Thanks for coming to visit Grandpa!

No comments: