Jesse and I really try hard to celebrate holidays, but any holiday that falls on a Sunday will still result in a normal, crazy Sunday.
This year Easter just happened to fall on Stake Conference where Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles spoke. We wanted to get good seats so we arrived at the Stake Center at 8:00 am for the 10:00 am meeting. Landon can't sit more the 2 minutes at a time so Jesse took him for a 1 hour walk. They were walking near the Stake President's office when Elder Nelson exited the room. He saw Landon, smiled and then waved. Luckily Landon wasn't as shocked as Jesse and waved back.
During Elder Nelson's talk he shared that if there is any one thing we teach our children, we need to teach them that they are a child of God and God loves them very much. He had all of the Primary age children stand up and sing "I am a Child of God"
I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.
We didn't have an Easter egg hunt or a special meal but we had a day full of the Spirit.



No comments:
Post a Comment