May St. George Trip












I feel so tired that I could pass out from exhaustion at any minute. I treasure my naps and early bed time. When Jesse came to me about going on a quick weekend getaway to St. George, I was sad to do it but I just had to say good bye to my bed. Not even my pathetic sleep schedule could keep me from leaving Flagstaff to spend time with family. It's so rare that we see family that we were all so excited to spend a long weekend with Rob, Joclyn, Rylee and Cade.

I was actually looking forward to the drive because I was excited to get a break from my dog and to drive through Colorado City. Colorado City was fascinating. Every house we saw was like a small unfinished hotel. Many of them don't finish building their homes so they don't have to pay taxes on them. Any who....Jocelyn's Grandparents have a 3 bedroom condo that they let their children and grandchildren come and visit. Rob and Jocelyn invited us to come and stay there with them so we could spend time together. Living in Flagstaff, we don't get to see family very often so this was a really great opportunity. We arrived pretty late Thursday night so all we did was go to bed.
Day One:
Landon as always was thoughtful enough to wake everyone up bright and early. You would think I would be used to waking up early but nope, I still hate it every time. Unfortunately Jesse had to take Penny to the dog hotel so I had to crawl out of bed and play with the kiddos. After dropping off Penny, Jesse, Rob and Landon went grocery shopping while Jocelyn and I fed the rest of the kids and put them down for a nap. My Dad was driving through town and stopped by to see my nephew, Josh, and the boys. He couldn't stay very long but somehow managed to still spoil them. It was really nice to see my Dad. Landon was being naughty and wouldn't take a nap after my Dad left so we just took off down to the pool. When we were getting everybody ready to go swimming Rylee kept insisting to wear her swim tube on the walk to the pool. She's so darn cute how could anyone say no to such a simple request. As soon as we arrived to the pool she fell right into the hot tub. We all had one of those dumb pause moments and stared in shock but luckily she was wearing her tube so it wasn't too big of a deal. She looked more confused then scared and after we got her out of the hot tub she got right into the pool and acted like nothing happened. My boys were pretty lame: Landon hated swimming and Travis fell asleep in Cade's over sized pool crab. Poor baby.

Later that evening Jesse and I went on a little date night to the temple grounds I was feeling pretty yucky and I knew if I needed to throw-up, inside the temple would not be the place.  Rob and Jocelyn stayed back and watched the kids and started dinner. We had a yummy BBQ with steak, lemon pepper chicken and baked potatoes. After dinner Rob and Jesse played ping pong at the club house and went out to pick us up some Nielsen's Frozen Custard. We stayed up way too late just to get up way to early thanks to Landon again.

Day Two
Happy Birthday Rob!!!  Looking back at my journal entries I definitely could have been in a better mood to help make Rob's Birthday a more special day. Luckily the entire day was pretty chill so my grumpy attitude wasn't too contagious. We headed to the club house right after breakfast for a long swim. I even decided to put my pregnant body in a swim suite and dive in. I wasn't in for very long because my chunky monkey baby was hungry and wanted to eat.  But we had a lot of fun playing. Jesse and I headed back to the condo and bathed the boys and put them down for a nap. Landon is a lot like me and gets real snippy when he's tired.
There's no better way to spend your evening after a long day at the pool than with Mexican food, so we went out to eat at Don Pedro's for some good eats. After dinner Rob and Jocelyn went on a date night for Rob's 29th Birthday! They were able to go to the temple and spend some time together. I slept the entire time they were gone and then some. Landon is no bed buddy but it did my heart a lot of good snuggling with my crazy 2 year old. It's not fair that I have to wait until my children are sleeping to get the snuggles that I need. When I finally pulled myself out of bed we made homemade ice cream: strawberry and frozen chocolate yogurt.  The strawberry was good, but the chocolate was gross. Overall we had a fun day! 

Day Three
It was Rylee's turn to get everyone up early this time. I was grateful, at least her early is 7:00 am rather the Landon's 6:00 am. We had German pancakes for breakfast then headed to Sacrament meeting. Travis was tired and fussy so I spent the whole time out in the foyer trying to keep him quite. A sweet old man that was leaving the building said that "crying children are music to his ears, treasure their cry's while you still have young children." It was sad because right after he gave me that advice Travis and I went into an empty room and Travis got to cry himself to sleep in my arms. I did try to treasure every minute of it. When we got home Jesse and the kids went right to sleep. While they slept Jocelyn and I mad pie dough and Chicken enchiladas for later that night. That evening we made strawberry rhubarb and lemon meringue pie. We also made a failed attempt at making homemade vanilla ice cream. Being that it was our last night here we just enjoyed everyone's company. Jesse and Rob played ping pong again while Jocelyn and I talked. It was a really fun trip and I am grateful we were able to spend some time with Rob and Jocelyn.

No comments: